Wednesday 28 August 2024

Poem by a Murderer

It was a two-wheeler ride back home 

A habitual ride it was

until the four-legged turned in,

White little one

Legs scurrying over the tar

Eyes glaring in ambition

Heart pounding with hope

Hoping of crossing the thoroughfare, 

By making an indecisive overtake

I was moving ahead in traffic,

With the blink of an eye

and groan of a pup

wheels ran over the dewlap,

Heard bones cracking under my wheel 

Saw flesh mangled by rubber

and felt the heart losing its rhythm 

Horrendous scene not to be seen,

A heft on my chest, Heavier than tears 

burying me alive with my fears, 

Apologies for being the Murderer

of the Magnum opus of nature. 


                                         - Saru krishna R

No comments:

Post a Comment

Meiyazhagan Review

Meiyazhagan is a refreshing and visually captivating feel-good film directed by C. Premkumar, best known for his previous work in "96&q...